National Bankshares, the parent company of National Bank, is accepting applications for a full-time audit position in Blacksburg. The Audit Assistant will perform audits in all areas of the holding company and its subsidiary bank, including operational, financial and compliance audits. This position requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, analytical or critical thinking skills and organizational skills. Must have competency with current computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel. One to two years of previous banking experience or audit experience would be a definite plus. National Bankshares offers full-time employees a benefits package that includes health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and excellent retirement plans. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran
Information Security Officer
National Bankshares, Inc. is a solid and profitable community bank holding company with over $1 billion in assets. National Bankshares is the parent company of National Bank, a 126 year-old bank with 26 locations throughout Southwest Virginia. This position will be located in Blacksburg, Virginia. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to become a key member of the team, reporting directly to the CEO. Duties include:
- Develops the information security strategy with all departments within the bank.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining the information security program.
- Responsible for the bank’s information security policies.
- Sets procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded.
- Provides leadership and technical support for the disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
- Determines acceptable risk levels for the enterprise.
- Ensures that information technologies within the bank are adequately protected from potential risks and threats.
We are looking for an individual with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Must have a minimum 5+ years of experience in information security. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should send a resume to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran